Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday August 10, 2009

Nathan goes to school!

Today was Nathan's first day of school. He did great.


I woke him up in bed with his new light up spiderman shoes! He loved them. I told him it would help make him brave at school!


Right before we went in to class. He was awsome. He wanted several hugs but didn't cry and went over to the mat with the rest of the kids. Now I don't know how they do it but when I picked him up, all the kids were at their seat coloring nice and quiet. They said he had a good day and he said he liked it. He was all smiles and told me he didn't cry! I am so proud of him. Everyone keeps telling me he is looking and acting older and I have to agree. He is getting to be a big boy!


So Jessica and I had a day together. We went to the YMCA to swim and had a great time. Since school is in, it was pretty empty and since it has been so warm lately, the water felt great!


Jessica got to do the slides today. When I have Nathan, he can't go on the deep side so Jessica and I got to swim in the deep in some today and she loved it!


The purple slide!


Going up the slides


And here she in in her flippers. She zooms when she wears these, she can swim really fast now. She is soooo excited about her little flippers class that will start next week.

Then Monday night soccer practice. Yep, it was hottttt again!



Jessica throwing the ball in. It is great to watch the kids develop their skills. They have matured since the spring and we are going to have a great team. They are all getting in their to get the ball now.



Lining up to kick off.


Working on drills. They dribble it down to the other and and around a cone without going out of bounds. Then come back.



Lined up ready to dribble it down.


Getting ready to take turns running a drill.

Ok, Jessica took this one. she lined her teamates up and took a pic of them.


Another one by Jessica. I didn't even know she was taking these. Pretty good huh!



Nathan's practice. Nathan has to come over to me everytime they complete a goal. It is going to be a long game if I have to get him back out on the field after every goal!!




On Sunday it was yard work time! The flower beds had over grown so the kids helped pick the weeds (and rocks lol) and the dogs had managed to break another doggie door. The third one in 5 years. So we had to install a new one.

Picking weeds


Jessica helping daddy caulk the new doggie door.


Cutting the door down to size.


Of course if the garage door is open, the gator is out.


Nathan helping to pick weeds in our yard!

Another great day!

No comments: