Decided last night that we needed a day a home. It is always nice to have one of these because it reminds me how much that I can not get done with two kids by my side, it reminds me when at home my kids need to be entertained and that Nathan does not like to play by himself much, and it reminds me that the house that was fairly clean this morning when I woke up is now a mess because we have been here all day long.
It was nice though that I could fix lunch and not have a packed sandwich or tuna and crackers. It was nice that I didn't have to pack the cooler with enough food and snacks to last the day. It was nice that there was not time table for anything we did.
Nathan and I got up and fixed our scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and cheese and hashbrowns and shared our breakfast. Then after Jessica woke up she had a friend come over to play. We got bikes out and set up the jumpy which they actually played in till I took it down for bedtime.
Jessica and her helmet
Jessica and her friend in the jumpy. One wanted to ride bikes and one wanted to jump so we had to bring the timer out and take turns. For five minutes they would ride and then they jumped.
Nathan with chalk. I draw a stop and a go on the driveway for when they ride bikes and he wanted to erase them with the brush so I drew him a triangle that he could erase.
The termite guy came by for his yearly inspection today and found a frog for Nathan. He likes it but he is just not sure.
We put the frog in our little pool and but he jumped out and ran off.
Jessica wanted to color outside so I brought the easel out but she didn't play for long. Nathan went up to it and made a few strokes and said "all done" and was proud of his piece.
Ok, This is the foamerator out of the Family Fun magazine. We took plastic bottles and cut a hole in the bottom and covered them with a cloth. We first tried a wash cloth but it was too think. So we used a baby wash cloth and it worked much better. Cover the bottom with the cloth and put a rubber band around it to make it stay. Then diped the cloth in water and then in dishwashing detergent and then blew through the top. Out came bubbles through the cloth. It was cute and kept their attention for awhile. The magazine shows making snakes with it but it was so windy today that they kept blowing away but the kids would chase the bubbles.
You had to be careful because with all the blowing it made you light headed! The kids liked it when I blew them so that they could chase after the bubbles.
The kids did play outside after dinner in the jumpy for about an hour while I cut out coupons and made my grocery list out. Then we got in the bath and got our pj's on.
I told the kids we could read our books outside tonight. So we went out front to read. Jessica paid attention but Nathan was too busy watching the birds and looking for lightening bugs. We watched the sun go down over the neighbors house and then headed inside to bed. Nathan was out after singing two songs Jessica was close behind!
I did get a chance to make some flip flops today. I got a new bag of ribbon and was excited to make some new stuff.
These ended up very cute with the poka dots on the side and on the bow. We gave these to a friend who lovvvvves pink.
And these are for Jessica, I ordered the pink stuff for the first time to try it out and it was very easy to work with. I lined the flip flops so that it would stick good and so far it has held up very well. Then in my grab bag of ribbon scraps I ordered, there was some DIVA ribbon that I lined the sides with. Worked perfectly together.
No comments:
Post a Comment