What a fantastic day today! I wanted to go to the farmers market today but there was a good chance of rain and it was cloudy but the sun was trying to come out and we just didn't know what to do. I knew that I needed to workout so I packed for a day of just in case with bathing suits, towels, lunch, water etc and we headed to the YMCA. I worked out and got done about noon and we decided to go ahead and head downtown and I am so glad we did. It ended up being perfect and not a drop of rain!
We got there about 12:45 and did our first pass through the market. The kids stopped to sample cantaloupe and we headed toward the restaurant part. After walking around I found a po-boy place and ordered a shrimp po-boy and some curley fries for the kids. Our one disagreement was quickly settled by the ref. Nathan wanted to go outside and Jess wanted to eat inside. Jessica wanted to keep the ref so out we went and it was a very nice day.
Sampling cantaloupe at the farmers market.
Kids watching and waiting for our poboy and fries.
Eating outside! The kids are sharing the ketchup for the fries.
Then we walked around the park for probably a couple hours. We got to hear the bells ring and see the big earth ball that has water on it that commerates WWII veterans. We got to see a guy riding a bike that had a front tire about 5 feet tall. And we watched some people doing gymnastics while a photographer was shooting them.
Jessica found a row of climbing trees so she headed right up.
While Nathan found a stick and started digging for ants. He is really into ants right now.
Of course we found rocks to climb on!
And a little tree to hide under.
Here is the guy on the big bike. Jessica said that he was "showing off". lol
This is a map of the earth and it rotates around and spins in water.
There were some guys unloading rocks and Nathan had to sit down to watch. Too funny!
Nathan doing summersaults in the grass! He would get a running start and flip!
They were watching the bumble bees get nector. There were some pretty big ones!
Then we headed back to the market to purchase our produce. We got a cantaloupe, some onions, 2 bell peppers and 2 cucumbers.
Buying our produce.
Found some more water fountains to play in!
Then we headed over to the fountains to play in the water. They have 21 fountains that shoot water and each fountain represents a body of water in Tennessee. Very cool. But after about 45 minutes, something happened to the pump and they went off. So we hung around and had a snack and played in the little river of water.
We got to see several trains go by.
Jessica took a picture of Nathan and I. Nathan tried to take a picture of me and Jess but he kept missing us!
It looked like Nathan was sitting on the water here.
Jessica sat and colored in the letters with a stick and water.
Snack time.
They had a huge map of Tennesse etched in the ground. Nathan and Jessica are standing we were live. You can see sumner counter in the big letters.
A little bit of lovin.
Here is all three of us.
Me and Jessica.
A little after four, we packed up and headed to the Cupcake Connection that I had read about in the newspaper. It was just a few minutes away and it was in a little house and they sold about 10 different kinds of cupcakes for $1.50 each. Jessica got ice cream and Nathan and I got cupcakes. Very yummy!!
Here they are sitting by the cupcake outside the cupcake connection.
Then we headed home.
Jessica wanted to build a birds nest when we got home. So the kids collected sticks and leaves and grass to make birds nest.
Here we are eating the cantaloupe we got at the market today and a snack for dinner.
Excellent day. Kids were sooooo good and we had so much fun. I so wish I would have started blogging everything we did everyday before this. I forget so many of the little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment