Daddy made it home on Thursday night just in time to celebrate his birthday with us. A large plate of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and a big pitcher of sweet tea awaited him!
On Friday we spent the entire day together and first on the agenda was Nashville Shores. We have never been before and it is something that I didn't want to try by myself with both kids. I have a bunch of thoughts to post about our trip. But first here are a couple of cute pictures.
Wave pool - my first thought was boy is this violent! We headed there first because the kids love wave pools. But the waves didn't roll straight out like normal, they were almost going sideways crashing in to each other. I even had a hard time in them. They eventually found their way to shallower waters and it was easier for them. But we did come back later in the afternoon and the waves were much better. They all rolled out in one long wave across the pool and didn't knock you over nearly as much and the kids loved diving into them and going under water right before they hit. And in true Batman style, he beat those waves up punching them!
The Lazy River - New this year was very nice. 2 problems though. 1. They didn't have inter-tubes to fit the kids. They only had huge ones that they kept falling through. 2. The kids could not ride with us. 3 (opps guess there were three things). The website says that there are a limited number of rafts for each ride. When they said limited, they meant limited! Now they had tons of unused tubes that you could rent for $5 a piece. Which would have been $20 on top of the $100 admission for four people. So we had to wait many times for rafts so we could go around. The same was true on the slide.
Slides/Rides - There was one slide that the kids could ride. It was fun but the line took forever to get through. So we only rode it once. All the other rides the kids had to be 48in. to ride. They did have free Kayaking which was fun! You actually did it on the lake and I so wish that I had my camera. But it is a lot of work to paddle them. lol. But I had Batman with me and Ladybug was with daddy. We raced from one side of the enclosure to the other. Batman and I won. Then they had bananna boat rides which would have been fun and Batman sooo wanted to do that. (Well he may actually have been referring to riding the jet ski as well!) But they were $9 per person and there is no way to justify $36 for a 5 minute ride.
Pools - Then there were a bunch of pools. Two that were shallow for the kids and one had a huge bucket that would drop water periodically. And one that was deeper that we played in for a long time. We tried each of the pools out!
Overall rating I would say 3 out of 5. It was fun and I am glad that we went and I am glad that we got to do it with daddy but I can't picture going more than once a season especially until the kids reach 48in.
No comments:
Post a Comment