Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ladybug's Christmas party at school

I got to plan the Christmas party for her classroom and I had a great time doing it and I think that it ended up being perfect. Here are a few of my preparations.

Gift bags. I got pencils that said "Ms. Kannon's class is the best", a candy cane eraser, a Christmas bookmark, a rubber bracelet and candy all in a cute canvas bag that I found.

This was my preparation for the game. I w raped a piece of paper in a small box then wrapped it in a bigger box and so on till I had about 11 boxes wrapped inside each other. I had boxes allll over my kitchen trying to find the right size to fit into another one.

These were the final boxes.

First of all we made snowmen out of marshmallows and toothpicks with raisins for eyes and m&m's for a nose glued on with white icing. They were very cute!




Of course we put extra out so that they could snack as they made them.

There were at least 10 mom's there.

Here is the gift game. The sit in a circle and they pass the box around like hot potato until the music stops and they start unwrapping. When the music starts again, they start passing and it goes on until the last little box. The boys were slow to start ripping into it but they got the hang of it a few boxes into the game.

The note inside said to go see Ms. Kannon to find out where their surprise is and I had hidden it in the bunk bed.

The girls got the hang of it a lot faster!

The boys found a great place to watch the girls.



Ms. Kannon give her the instructions.

She found it!


The book exchange. They all stood in a circle with their book that they brought in front of them and then the music would start and they walk around and when the music stops that is the book they get.

Unwrapping their book.

The girls turn.


We love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

Next another craft time. I found these great necklaces that they could bead themselves.





Snack time! We had doughnuts, fruit, dip, mini muffins and milk. Good for an 8 o'clock party.

Then here are the treat bags.

Everyone enjoyed the food and we ended up holding up the car line because we were all still eating at 9:15.



Very fun party. So glad that I got to be there and share it with Ladybug and that I got to plan it. I will say again, how impressed I am with Ladybug's teacher. They all listened so great and moved from one activity to the next very smoothly. It made it so enjoyable.

No comments: