Monday, March 8, 2010

On Friday Ladybug came home from school with her "first" writing paper. You know the thin paper with the very wide ruled lines to teach you how to write. I don't know why this was so significant because we use this paper at home for teaching and have for awhile now but this was her very first to come home from school. We had to hang it up immediately. She put it over our bed in our bedroom.

Then this caught me as significant as well and I know it may be silly but Ladybug wore her first hole in a pair of jeans. Why is this significant? Typically I buy used jeans but this pair was actually new and bought off the rack and she wore a hole in them! It is our first hole. I am sure there are many more to come.

Can you see it? I know it is little but a hole none the less.

And lastly after I told my logical girl that she couldn't watch any more tv, she very calmly said:
"Mom, do you know what hola means"?
"Yes, I do."
" Well that is Spanish for hello and I learned that on tv. See! I learn things from watching kids show, so can I watch tv.?"
"No."

Then I went into a long narrative about how we learn from talking to each other and reading and exploring outside and then we got into exercising and keeping moving and not sitting in front of the tv etc. Then we got into making good decisions and bad decisions! See I have to get all this stuff in before she gets old enough to tune me out and roll her eyes!

No comments: