I would have loved to get out to take some picture but the news was very specific that if you don't have to leave your house then stay home.

But here is my gutter. Every time it down poured, it would do this.

And this was just one of the downpours this afternoon. I was very glad that I mowed the grass and got all the bushes trimmed back on Friday afternoon!
But that meant we were also cooped up inside for almost two days so when the rain finally slowed down, the kids begged to go outside. So out we went. They wanted to walk around the block. In actuality, they ran around the entire block. They had so much energy. Even Batman didn't complain about walking. And of course, I knew we would get wet, so we stopped at every puddle and walked through every stream that was draining.
Then we came back to the house and played some more.

This is just a puddle in the street in front of our house.

They ran and ran and ran back and forth through it.



Here they got the idea that they could put a leaf in the water and blow it towards each other like it was a boat. lol.

And when their feet weren't wet enough, they would go over to the tree and shake the branches so it would "rain" on them.

Finally we just sat down.

The big mud puddle in the drive way.

Ok now we are jumping!



My very wet noodles. We finally came inside around 6:30 and I ran a hot bath for them and cooked some dinner.
Yea for no school tomorrow! I love snow...I mean flooding days!
No comments:
Post a Comment