I attended a breakout session for Discipling as a mom. Lots of information was passed on and lots of great ideas. And although many of the speakers firmly believed that disciple making should first be occurring with yourself and another woman who can teach you, this mom firmly believed that your number one priority is your children and then your children's friends. And I can relate to this because I do have a passion for teaching my kids and I love working with their peers at church.
Ultimately when it comes down to it and they have decisions to make it was your responsibility to have taught them what they needed to know and the resources to make those decisions and how they lead their life. Not the church, not children's ministers, not Pasters and not teachers, it is your responsibly.
But alas... Another point that was made is how siblings teach each other. I guess I see how one can learn from another but never placed that much emphasis on it but then I saw this first hand the very next day after coming home.
While riding home in the car Ladybug just started a conversation with Batman. ( I am paraphrasing here)
Ladybug: I bet you didn't know this..
Batman: What
Ladybug: That Jesus performed miracles
Batman:huh lol
Ladybug: He turned two fish into food for lots
At this point, Ladybug had a baggie of goldfish that had been given to her at church after the lesson and dropped some on the floor accidentally. She then said, that's ok, they will remind me of the miracle that Jesus performed. There is absolutely nothing I can say to goldfish crackers on the floor after that.
Ladybug: Bet you didn't know this.
Batman: huh
Ladybug: Jesus died on the cross for us.
Batman: yeh
Then this morning as I was hurridly trying to get them both out of the house and all the stuff we need for the next few hours, I rounded the corner to this:

Ladybug had her flight plan out from Awana, which is the first verse that you have to learn before moving into any other verses and she was teaching Batman and he was repeating after her.
For God, For God, so loved, so loved, the world, the world, that he, that he, gave his, gave his, one and only son, one and only son, that whoever, that whoever, believes in him, believes in him, shall not , shall not, perish, perish, but have, but have, eternal life, eternal life.
Now that is cool. She was so patient with him (Which is hard to do sometimes) and he was so receptive to listening and repeating. I had to stop trying to be on time and let them do their thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment