The life of a six year old can be very busy. This weekend alone she had two birthday parties, a hayride/bonfire and a Halloween party that she was invited to. We had to pick and choose. Well actually I picked and chose. From the post before you can see we did choose the hayride bonfire with friends.
And we chose one birthday party. It was at A Cowboy Town. Now I have never said that I know everything that you can do with kids in Nashville but I thought I was pretty close. Obviously not, because I had never heard of this place. But in my defense it doesn't seem to be the cheapest place around and I like to stay pretty cheap.
Back to the party.... it was pretty cool. After traveling down a long gravel road with people's houses on it you ended at the Cowboy Town.
They started off with all the kids on the porch and this cowboy entertained them with a guitar and harmonica at the same time.
Then this unruley guy came out to cause problems which lead to a comedy gunfight.
After the gunfight, they promptly told all of these six and seven year old's that the "whiskey" they referred to in the gunfight (and that you can see in two pictures above) was just diet coke and not really whiskey and that they should not drink whiskey. I think Ladybug and most of the kids had no idea what he was talking about. But it was kind of funny.
Then they pulled the hayride around and we went around the Kickapoo Lake.
After the hayride we headed indoors for pizza and juice and cake followed by opening presents and a few pictures in the saddle. This is Ladybug's friend. I think they spend a lot of time together.
Ladybug looking good in a saddle.
Then we headed back out to pan for some gold.
Or rather dig for gold in the little stream here. They had gold colored rocks in there. I actually had to explain to Ladybug tonight after she had them in a spot of reverence by her bed that they were not truly real gold!
Then came the best part. They lined them up for the pony rides. You can see just from the look on her face!
They walked them around the loop two times.
I always feel awkward about siblings coming. Should you bring them, should you not. This is one of those places where they need an exact count. But Ladybug wanted to go and I had no where to take Batman except with me. And I told him he couldn't ride the horses but right before we left, they were super nice and searched him out and asked him if we wanted to sit on one.
You can see by the smile that he did.All in all....it was a neat place. They offer a bunch of stuff to the public and horseback riding and they even have dinner shows and catered food on Saturday nights (in season). But the roads and parking was horrible. Like ruts and hills to get into a parking space. I think they were going for the rustic look in the buildings but I think they achieved that because they were a little run down. The eye appeal could have been a little better but the kids didn't notice and they all had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment