One thing I am not ready for is the early mornings! My three year old slept till 8am or later every morning! He very rarely does this and never on the weekends so I am very spoiled now. Course Ladybug will sleep in whenever she gets a chance.
So here is week two in a nutshell then some pics to follow.
Monday - The Frist Center, it was free to get in with a canned good item so we packed a lunch and met some friends and ended up spending four hours there! We walked through the gallery and the kids asked good questions and were enthusiastic. Then we went to the Kids area, played, ate lunch and went back and played some more.
Tuesday - Cornerstone play area - sorry no pics. Met at 11am and ate lunch and played till probably 2pm. Nice day. Then Batman got a haircut.
Wednesday - Downtown library for storytime. Met at 10:30, did storytime, then they had a doorhanger craft, played for a long while then ate lunch at the cafe - delicious - then we joined some friends and went to the old train station that they remodeled into a hotel. We walked around and up the stairs then on our way out, the trains came by. We were literally 2 feet away from the train (on the other side of the fence) and watched them switch out engineers and start the train again and leave. Sorry no pics. But imagine 5 kids with the their noses in the fence watching the train leave the station! Then we headed to Lifeway bookstore across the street.
Thursday - We didn't leave the house. The kids literally played all day so good at home. I let Ladybug stay up and she made it till 11:30 and fell asleep. She really wanted to see the ball drop. She said it was my fault because when I went to talk to daddy, she fell asleep. lol
Friday - Happy New Year. I took the kids to see The Princess and the Frog. What a great movie. Some dark parts from New Orleans (but most Disney movies have these) but overall a great movie! I asked them their favorite part and Ladybug said their true love kiss at the end and Batman said the alligators!
Saturday - Chris and I had a date night again and went out to the Chop House for a steak, browsing at Barnes and Nobles (I could do this for hours!) and went to see Sherlock Holmes.
Sunday - Church, lunch afterwards then we met up with our friend to exchange Christmas gifts and play.
Yeh, I know it sounds busy but it was so laid back to how I would have planned it but looking back, I couldn't have planned it more perfect!
Frist Center


Water color painting.



Sometimes it they do get along.

This was neat. You could make you own movie. They had a bunch of props that you would set in front of the screen and then take a picture, then change the props and take another picture then do that about 18 times and then it would show you your movie.

Some of the props. You could change the backgrounds and the lights.



Batman making his print.

Batman and his friend.

Ladybug making her print.

I tried to get all four of them in the pic but it was not happening!

Sweet!

I found her doing this all by herself. She loves to draw pictures and color.

They have a piece of glass up and you can use dry erase markers to create designs. I drew the outline of his face. He thought this was hilarious.

More paper crafts.

They had these where the blocks have been in the past. Batman liked these.

Here are all of the pics the kids did today at Art Quest. Batman above. Ladybug below.

Hey friend, I stole these pics off your blog. Hope you don't mind. I can't believe I didn't bring my camera that day! Here are some pics of storytime.
After story time, friends decided to spin each other around.
Then we all sat down to read a story.
This was unexpected. We woke up to snow. So I got the snow suits out! Yeah, I know that there was not a lot of snow but it was sooo cold that morning.



A boy and his dog. He loves the dogs!


Thought she was so cute. Looks like a pro unzipping her suit after a long day of skiing.
Tomorrow we are back to our school schedule. How long till summer???
No comments:
Post a Comment